The last homework assignment has been turned in. The finals have been taken. Yearbooks have been signed and teachers have been thanked. Your graduate walks the stage, shakes hands and throws their cap. Now it’s time to party! The Party Barn makes the perfect graduation reception venue and we’ve got some great theme ideas for your event!
With summer beginning, a beach theme is perfect for your graduation party! Try a few of these decor ideas:
- String up beach balls to hang from corner to corner
- Fill vases with sand, seashells and votive candles for an easy centerpiece
- Fill plastic beach buckets with utensils, napkins, and snacks
- Use a child’s inflatable pool to hold ice and drinks
- Set up a tiki bar, complete with fruity drinks and little umbrellas
College Theme Party
Is your grad headed to their favorite state or private school? Throw a party with that school’s theme!
- Ask your guests to come in their team’s colors
- Use the grad’s school’s colors as your theme colors
- Buy a t-shirt from the school and have all the guests sign the shirt
- Add your school’s music to the playlist
- Set up a college-themed photo backdrop, complete with props and a sign with your party’s hashtag
- Put together a playlist full of old and new country music
- String up lights across a dance floor and surround it with hay bales for seating
- Recruit a brave volunteer to teach the crowd some simple line dances
- Use handkerchiefs as napkins
- Fill a wheelbarrow with ice and drinks
- Set up a game of horseshoes and ring toss
- Put together an indoor smores station using Sterno cans for mini campfires
Whether it’s beachside, college-themed or a western affair, The Party Barn is the perfect venue for your graduation party. Contact us to see how we can help you plan the perfect event!